Monday, October 22, 2012

Ipsy October glam bag finally arrived!!!

Hey guys!
So I recently signed up with ipsy.com to receive the October makeup bag and the trial makeup products that come inside. It's only $10 a month and free shipping!!! And its supposed to be tailored to your specific skin type etc.It did take quite a long time for me to receive my package( its supposed to be shipped out on the 10th of the month and be received withinh 5 business days) I didn't receive it until the 22nd :( so that was kind of disappointing. But as far as the products are concerned I was rather impressed :) they gave me 2 full sized products!
First up is theBalm the body builder mascara in black.
I have yet to try it but, judging a book by its cover, I have a feeling this is going to be a clumper :/ the bristles feel very stiff but they are separated quite far apart. And when I just tried to put some on my hand nothing came off soooooo we will have to try it to see if it works.....
Next is the be a bombshell liquid marker eyeliner in onyx
This is one of the full sized products that I received. The tip is humongous!! I feel like I'm in elementary school with a crayola marker when I tried to use this!(lol) but I found the pigmentation was great and it had great staying power. You can get an easy fine line application if you hold the marker perpendicular to your eye and mark it. If you want a thicker line which is a fall trend right now(a thick cat eye) I mean pretend your 6 again and you got your first marker and just color away!
The last full sized product I received is the mirenesse lip balm glossy lacquer stain in  #9
The main problem I have with this product is the smell.............smells like spray paint and when I apply it I feel like I need to call the poison department because I swear the fumes get into my lungs and I feel like I'm going to pass out.....but I absolutely LOVE the color! The pigmentation is great, it's not sticky and I find it has ok staying power. On the packaging it says it is a gloss, stain and creates a super moist velvety look. Which it does. But then it adds that it has lip perfecting spheres and minty breath freshener included. Like I said the only thing I smell is paint.....
Then I got some tiny coastal scents eyeshadows in set #6, which includes peach puff, cherry chocolate, nude, and white silver.
I'm so glad I got these colors because everyone on ipsy.com was like" omg! I got these ugly red colors! How am I supposed to wear those...blah blah blah" and I was like"oh no... Last time I TRIED to wear red shadow my dad asked if I'm trying to be a vampire..." So I let out a great big sigh of relief when I saw these pretty neutrals! The peach puff which swatches like a light pink is matte, the cherry chocolate shade has little shimmer, the nude seems matte but idk because I see some shimmer but I'm not sure if it's fall out from the others, and the white silver shade is shimmery. All of these are so soft with application, easy to blend, and have great pigmentation! The only one I'm going to complain about is cherry chocolate...it seems to flake a lot....which sucks because that's my favorite color :/ so tapping off extra before applying is necessary.
And last but not least is the couture color pequi oil treatment.
Oh my..... I love the smell of this!! And what's even better is that it is for your hair!! Hello!! Who doesn't love good smelling hair?!?! It reminds me of the Aussie brand, vanilla coconut mix......mmmmmm. It seems to be thick but has great shine! I can see where a little would go a LOOOOOOOONG way. Have not tried it yet but I can't wait! My only problem is that I get rather shiny looking hair because I get rather oily fast, but since winter is almost here you can definitely be sure I will be trying this on my hair once it starts to look dull.
 So that's all for today! I suggest everyone at least try's out ipsy.com once! You can always cancel after your first subscription but based on my first products I think I'm going to stay for a little while longer and check it out :)










No comments:

Post a Comment