Sunday, October 14, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo's vs. L'Oreal 24 hr Infallible Eyeshadows

Which one will you choose?!?!
Hey beauty lovers!! So today I have been hitting up all my local drugstores in hopes of finding the fall collection of Maybelline Color Tattoo's, unfortunately I was ony able to find 3 out of the 4 (and of course the one I really wanted was gone...R.I.P. Barely Beige xP). Although I wasn't able to find Barely Beige I did find a dupe for it in the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows range. I then got this wonderful idea of doing a comparison and letting you decide which ones you would like to try out!!

First off lets start with a comparison of the packaging and what eacch product says:
 
They both claim to last 24hr. The Color Tattoo is comparable in packaging and product to the Mac Paint Pots, while the L'Oreal Infallible is comparable to Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill shadows. In side the infallible eyeshadows are eyeshadow pressers to keep the eyeshadow together because they are almost like a pressed loose shadow, while the color tattoo's are just creamy.
 
Now lets show you the Color Tattoo's that I own as well as some swatches!
(Left to right: Gold Shimmer(LE), Bold Gold, Mossy Green(LE), Bad to the Bronze, Rich Mahogany(LE), Audacious Asphalt)
(Gold Shimmer, Bold Gold, Mossy Green)
(Bad to the Bronze, Rich Mahogany, Audacious Asphalt)
(Top to Bottom: Gold Shimmer, Bold Gold, Mossy Green, Bad to the Bronze, Rich Mahogany, Audacious Asphalt)
(above is the shadows after 5-6 rubs with a tissue to show wear)
 
Next up is the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows and swatches that I have!
(From left to right: Iced Latte, Continuous Cocoa, Smoldering Plum, Amber Rush)
(top to bottom: Amber Rush, Smoldering Plum, Continuous Cocoa, Iced Latte)
(after 5-6 rubs with a tissue to show wear)
 
WHAT DOES BEAUTYSNITCH22 THINK????
Well from what I have experienced with these eyeshadows is...they both are great for different reasons! The Maybelline Color Tattoo's are easy to put on with a brush and your fingers and also very easy to blend, the shades are very pigmented and they are a great base to any eyeshadow or great to wear alone. The only thing is that I wish they had a better color and finish selection :( I believe only Tough as Taupe is the only shade without shimmer. The L'Oreal Infallible can be a little messy and almost impossible to put on with a brush, but when you get them on the skin they are easy to blend and the shimmer and colors are amazing!!! The line also has more wearable and some matte colors compared to the Maybelline Color Tattoo's!!
The Verdict:
I personally prefer the Maybelline Color Tattoo's because of the easy application, but like I said I hate how they have a limited selection and when they do have nice colors they are only limited edition so they go quick :(
 
Let me know what you guys think below, and if you have tried either of these products and which ones you love!!!
:)

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment